Drop off and Pickup up Procedures
Our goal is to provide a safe, orderly and expedient method for student drop off and pick up. For safety purposes, we request that these procedures be followed. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Please remember that the car line is a cell phone free zone. For the safety of your child along with other children and teachers, please refrain from talking/texting on your phone when you are in any area of car line.
- Front Office will be closed during car line hours. Guests and parents must sign in before or after car line hours. All students must enter and exit through the car line entrance door.
- The name (first and last) of your child/children and the name of your student’s teacher should be displayed on the passenger’s window on the Student Sign form that is provided by the school.
- When in car-line, only staff members can open and close the car doors for the students to get in and out of. This is a safety measure that will be upheld.
- Staff members may not buckle or unbuckle students. Please pull ahead to the cul-de-sac if you need to help your student get buckled in.
- If you prefer to walk to pick up your child, please park at Grace North Church and walk up to the car line entrance door with your Student Sign for your child/children.
- If your child will be walking or riding their bikes home, please fill out the Student Walk/Bike Permission Form located at the front office or online. Students that are walkers or bike riders will be released right at 3:00pm.
- Many parents prefer to pick up their student(s) at the neighboring church (Grace North) by parking in their large parking lot and allowing students to cross at the supervised crosswalk on 42nd Ave and Opportunity Way, upon dismissal. Grace North is located directly east of Caurus Academy. To use this option, please be sure to fill out the Student Walk/Bike Permission Form located at the front office or online.
Arrival – Drop off Procedure
Click HERE for Car Line Map Procedure.
Car line drop off begins at 7:45am. Please make sure that you pull your car to the end of the car line. Car line drop off ends promptly at 8:00am. If you miss the 8:00am cut-off, you MUST come into the front office to sign in your child/children- no exceptions. Children should not be dropped off at school before 7:45am. Prior to this time there is no supervision. Please stay in your car and allow your child to enter the building under the supervision of faculty.
Departure – Pick up Procedure
Car line pick up begins at 3:00pm. Please make sure that you pull your car to the end of the car line. Car line pick up ends promptly at 3:15pm. If you wish to pick up your child before 3:00pm, you should sign your child out in the front office before 2:45pm as the office will be closing at 2:45pm every day for car line preparation. If there is a change of dismissal plans for your child/children, please notify the school by phone prior to 2:30pm. Parents who are picking up students in car line should remain in their vehicles at all times.
*All students need to be picked up by 3:15pm. If students are not picked up by this time we will begin calling the emergency contact numbers for someone to pick up the students. A late fee of $1/minute will be charged after 3:20pm.
Our primary goal is the safety of our students and families during this busy time. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions, please contact the front office at 623-551-5083.