Students must dress in uniform. Students are required to wear solid light blue, solid navy, or solid white polo shirts. Polo shirts must have collars and sleeves. Exceptions to solid light blue, navy or white polo shirts are Caurus Spirit Wear tops (t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, or hoodies). These shirts must be worn with solid navy or tan pants, shorts, skirts, leggings, and skorts. (No athletic shorts/stripes, jeans or jeggings (leggings with stitching)*, only SOLID navy/tan bottoms are acceptable). Shorts and skirts must be no higher than five inches above the knee. For cooler weather, children may wear navy button up sweaters or jackets with no emblems. Closed toed shoes must be worn every day for both safety reasons and because every student will have a P.E. class. Please make sure your child wears sneakers on P.E. days. Their appearance may not interfere with the educational process, nor pose a health or safety hazard. If necessary, the student’s parents will be notified and the student may be sent home. The school reserves the right to prohibit clothing or accessories that have the following:
- Obscene statements or pictures.
- Statements advocating immoral or illegal behavior.
- Statements of disrespect or other messages that staff believe to be disruptive or inappropriate.
- Bandanas, hair nets, accessories or clothing and clothing styles that present a health or safety problem or are representative of a gang or gang membership.
- Clothing which is revealing (such as tube tops, tops with spaghetti straps, short shorts (more than 5 inches above the knee), off the shoulder shirts, short or slit skirts (more than 5 inches above the knee), clothing that exposes the midriff, visible undergarments, clothes with holes that are revealing, etc.) is prohibited. Caps and hats shall not be worn inside any facility.
Jewelry shall not be worn if it presents a safety hazard or creates a distraction that impacts the learning environment for the student or others. Clothing that is excessively baggy and can interfere with a student safely moving will be prohibited. Examples of dress code guidelines are posted on the school website at www.caurusacademy.org.
*If you need clarification on jeggings, please call the front office at 623-551-5083.