Did you know that charter schools are severely underfunded and receive approximately $1,000 less per student per year compared to public schools? We rely on your generous donations to help our school run and improve.
Please consider participating in any of our yearly fundraisers organized by the PTO including Snack Shack Fridays, Dress Down Days, Walkathon, and our annual Auction. We are always accepting and appreciative of donations, including a donation of facilities or equipment. We also participate in ongoing fundraisers that don’t cost you a dime. See below for details on signing up. Since we are a non-profit organization, you can file all donations during tax time and don’t forget to take advantage of the AZ Tax Credit.
ANNUAL PTO FUNDRAISERS FOR 2016-2017
- Walk-a-Thon in October
- Annual Silent Auction/Art Walk/Science Fair on May 11, 2017
Details on each fundraiser is listed below:
Annual Walk-A-Thon in October
Last year this event was a fun dress up walk-a-thon that took place during the school day. Each student collected pledges and earned money based on the number of laps they walked.
Annual Silent Auction in April/May
This annual event is usually the biggest fundraiser of the year and is held in conjunction with the Caurus Academy Science Fair and Art Walk. The event is held at Caurus Academy gym usually in late April or early May. The prizes are awesome! In the past we have had items like boating with Principal Blair, hot air balloon ride, Lake Pleasant Cruise, Principal for a Day, gift certificates to all of your favorite restaurants, themed gift baskets like Summer Fun and Family Night Out, and much, much more!
ONGOING OPPORTUNITIES TO RAISE FUNDS
Raise money just by shopping where you normally shop and you don’t pay a dime. Just take a few moments to designate Caurus as your non-profit of choice. Every little bit counts!
- Fry’s Community Rewards program is an easy way to earn funds for Caurus: Fry’s Community Rewards
- Amazon Smile donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Caurus if you shop through this link: smileAmazon.com Just choose Caurus Academy by searching for our previously registered name, Arizona Montessori Charter School of Anthem.
- Buffalo Wild Wings “Teammate” Card – 1) Bring your Teammate Card into your local Buffalo Wild Wings. 2) Show your card to your server (via mobile device or printed copy) and let them know you are part of the “Home Team Advantage Program”. 3) At the end of the year, Buffalo Wild Wings will donate 10% of all sales back to Caurus Academy. Click here for a copy of your Buffalo Wild Wings Card (Feb. 2017-Feb. 2018)
- Box Tops 4 Education – Cut out the symbol from the packaging and turn them into your child’s homeroom or the Caurus Academy front office. The school receives 10 cents for each symbol. http://www.boxtops4education.com/ Before turning in your box tops, divide them into bundles of 50. Secure them only with string, rubber bands or in plastic baggies.
- My Coke Rewards Designate Caurus Academy as your school to donate your Coke points at http://www.mycokerewards.com/schoolsLanding.do
- IGIVE.com Shop through http://www.igive.com/. Sign up with them, and they will make a donation for the school every time you shop. Just type in Caurus Academy when you sign up.
- EZ Insurance Solutions – Home, Auto, Commercial. Contact Sondra Wendt at 623.297.1475. Fifty percent of the commission from your new policy goes to Caurus PTO.