We invite you to get to know us. The web page has the following info.:
- About Us | our mission–our board officers–our committees
- Meetings | upcoming dates–past minutes–bylaws
- Get Involved | opportunities–fundraisers–donations
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation
We are a group of parents, teachers, grandparents, staff, and others who work together to support Caurus Academy in just about any way it needs us. We build, we cook, we clean, we create; we raise money for projects, and we reach out within and beyond our school community for help. We work hard and we play hard; and at every step, we embrace “the Caurus way.” We are led by the desire to make our school the best it can possibly be and we continually strive to work together to make that a reality.
Feel free to contact any of our officers directly at any time with questions or suggestions. You can also send us a general email by clicking here: email@example.com. Click below for a list of our PTO Board Member Officers and to see a list of our ongoing Committees.
- PTO Board Officers
- Committees: Fundraising, Family Events, School Yard Improvement, Sports Booster, Book Fair and Teacher Appreciation
General PTO meetings are held at the school. All families are welcome to attend any time! There are no fees and no obligations. We just appreciate parent and teacher input. Meetings days and times are subject to change as needed but currently our meetings are scheduled for:
2017-2018 School Year
- August 28nd at 5:30 p.m. (mixer at 4:30 with refreshments)
- September 25th at 5:30 p.m. – Husky Den at the Middle School
- October 23rd at 5:30 p.m. – Husky Den at the Middle School
- November 27th at 5:30 p.m. – Husky Den at the Middle School
- December 18th at 5:30 p.m. – Husky Den at the Middle School
- January 22nd at 5:30 p.m. – Husky Den at the Middle School
- February 26th at 5:30 p.m. – Husky Den at the Middle School
- March 19th at 5:30 p.m. – Husky Den at the Middle School
- April 23rd at 5:30 p.m. – PTO Board Elections – Husky Den at the Middle School
- May 21st at 5:30 p.m. – End of Year Gathering TBD
If you sign up on one of our committees, the committee chair will contact you regarding a separate meeting day and time.
Whether you have a little bit of time or a lot of time, there are many ways to get involved with the PTO. We always have something fun going on including Snack Shack Fridays, Fundraisers like our Walk-a-Thon or Annual Auction, yard projects, or helping teachers. Even if you don’t have the time, you can always donate food, items, or money. Every little thing is so appreciated.
Call for volunteers are sent via Email through Sign Up Genius and posted on Caurus FB pages.
Did you know charter schools are underfunded and get approximately $1,000 less per child than public schools in AZ? We rely on the generosity of our parents and teachers to help us accomplish all that we do. Even if you cannot volunteer, you will be helping through your fundraiser contributions.
We have several ongoing fundraisers throughout the year like Snack Shack Fridays and Dress Down Days. This year we will be organizing two awesome fundraiser so mark your calendars – students will be sent home with information as well:
- Annual Silent Auction – scheduled in conjunction with the Caurus Academy Science Fair and Art Walk will be May 11, 2017.
We also have several ways you can contribute via our “Painless” Fundraisers by designating Caurus as your non-profit organization during regular purchases you make via Amazon Smile, Fry’s, etc. Go to the Fundraising Page to see a full list and to sign up – it is super easy and doesn’t cost you a thing!
PTO is a separate non-profit entity from Caurus Academy, however, all money raised goes to support Caurus Academy’s students and activities.
To donate or make a payment to a specific PTO fundraiser please visit the Caurus front office.
At Caurus Academy, we believe in Community and that we are a big family. In order to foster community relations, the PTO Family Events committee plans and hosts family events on a regular and on-going basis. Events that are regularly scheduled include the Back to School Bash, Family Restaurant Nights, Anthem Days, and the End of School Bash.
Additional events that have been hosted in the past include Family Movie Nights, Family Game Nights, and the 100th Day of School Celebration. We would love to expand the calendar of events in the future. Additional ideas include Family Science Night, Internet Safety Nights, Holiday Bazaar, Fall Festival, and Craft Nights. We are always looking for new ideas to implement and fill the calendar with fun and interesting family oriented events. Submit them all to firstname.lastname@example.org and join in on the fun!
TEACHER AND STAFF APPRECIATION
At Caurus Academy, we know our Teachers and Staff work tirelessly to provide an engaging and enriching educational experience for our students. We want to be sure we express gratitude in ways that are meaningful and feel they deserve to be taken care of every once in a while.
As part of our teacher and staff appreciation program, the PTO organizes and sponsors the following events throughout the year:
- Celebrations of all teacher and staff birthdays
- Monthly potlucks on the days of Teacher In-Service Training
- Whole school potlucks on Parent/Teacher conference days
We also plan activities and gifts during Teacher Appreciation Week in May. If you want to be involved in any of Teacher and Staff Appreciation activities, please contact us or watch for sign ups via Email and Sign Up Genius.
Our Teacher and Staff thank you!